30 May 2011

Greetings!

Well, this should be an adventure. I am not exactly what you'd call a die-hard blogger. Which is kind of interesting, because I love technology and all things Internet. Well, most things Internet, anyway. The reality is, however, that my life is not that exciting. It's not that different from yours, my dear readers, on your typical day. Which is precisely why I have never really done this, because I could not begin to fathom why anyone would be interested in what I have to say about anything.

Then again, I have recently leaped feet first into the waters of authorship, which has been a very exciting and (at times) hand-wringing, anxiety-producing experience. One of my dearest friends and 'siblings' (the amazing and talented Jennifer Wells-Marani) ventured into the world of blogging after publishing her first work, Magick Charm. Which, if you haven't yet read it, stop reading this blog, hop over to Amazon, purchase and read it. Then you can come back here and we'll continue, hm? So, anyway, she ventured out and I became a little bit curious about the experience but I thought to myself, Now, why would you want to do this? You'll just sit before the computer and puzzle over what on earth you could possibly blog about. To which my Gemini mind responded, How about the experience of writing fiction and poetry, duh!

Yes, these are the kinds of conversations that occur in my brain on a regular basis, in addition to all the other facts and tangents that occur simultaneously. You'll get used to it.

Then, my dear friend, 'brother', and husband to Jen, John Marani, decided that he was going to start blogging. At which point, I decided why the hell not.

So, here we are. I'm blogging, Lord and Lady, help us all. Most of the time I will be either complaining that my writing is foiling me again (that is a whole separate tangent that will take some time) or rejoicing in the success of a paragraph written or a poem completed. And, from time to time, I may comment on my day to day life - as boring and simple as it is.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks! And I had the same problem... what the heck am I going to write and why would anyone care what I have to say? But you always have great stories, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble!

    ReplyDelete