19 March 2013

Sedona

So, this is post 2 in the vacation in Arizona series.

When last I left you, my small but loyal readers, I had safely arrived in Arizona with my sisters and niece. And some seriously impressive views.

We started our first day in Sedona early. By early, I mean sunrise.
View from our hotel
How gorgeous is that, I ask you?

We had a very busy day.  We had a lot places to hit.
Here's one, from the trail.




We hiked around Cathedral Rock and took a zillion pictures.

Okay, maybe only approximately 400, but still. A lot of pictures.





Om
 I got to meditate at one of the energy vortexes. It was a truly amazing experience and there are not words for how clear and strong and peaceful I felt after my meditation ended.

I was skeptical going to Sedona, hearing all this talk about "energy spots" and how "amazing the energy is" there. Anyone in the pagan community will understand when I say it sounded "woowoo" to me. For a witch, I have a pretty good head on my shoulders. I'm practical, I think things through, and if it sounds to out there... well, let's just say I am not one to jump on the bandwagon.

I don't know if it's healing, or if the energy spots can really be "masculine" or "feminine" (seriously, I saw a website that said that). What I do know is that I felt great while we were there. I felt amazing after meditating. That's good enough for me.




We also went to the Chapel of the Holy Cross, which was very small, but absolutely lovely.

We ate lunch at a fantastic restaurant at the Tlaquepaque shopping area. I had flautas. They were awesome. Yum. Sorry, distracted. Where was I?

We did a lot of shopping, actually. More interesting, however, was the fun before lunch and shopping. We stopped by Center for the New Age. Yes, we did some shopping there, too. We (and by we, I mean Riz and me) got our auras photographed.

Take a moment. Go ahead and read it again. I know. I just finished telling you I had a pretty good head on my shoulders and that I don't really go for that woowoo crap. Now I'm telling you I got a picture taken of my aura.

Oh, there has to be a really inappropriate joke there somewhere, but I just can't think of it.

Well, it helped that the woman who took the photos and then reviewed them with us, Jamie, was also quite grounded and practical. I sat on a little sofa, placed my hands on some biofeedback plates, and *SNAP*, photo done. Then she went over it with me.

I am, apparently, the poster child for aura photos. So said Jamie. This is because all the things that she saw for my 'life path' I was already doing. BOO. YAH. That's right. I'm awesome.

What? I am.

Next up was Rizzie and she was dead on the mark about her, too. Two for two. Not one iota off. I must admit, I was impressed. So. If you go to Sedona, have an aura reading with Jamie. I'd love to hear what you think!

Aren't they cute?





Of course, the best part of the day was that it was spent with Lana and Mia.

Mia is full of energy and a super expressive face. She had us in stitches ALL DAY LONG. Seriously.

All day.

Sigh. I miss her.






Well, on that sad note... I think I'll wrap up Day 2 of the Arizona vacation. Tune in for the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment